In this chapter, Russel begins his training to become stronger than his friend Allen Page. The flame tower master and the spear tower master have made a bet on whose student will be the strongest in five years.
Russel’s Impressive Friend
Russel is amazed by Allen Page, who isn’t even the main spear tower mage but an assistant. In just a few years, Allen became the youngest 6th-circle mage, which is pretty unusual. In Russel’s past life, Allen had been a great help to him, and now they’ve crossed paths again.
The chapter starts with Ulsen explaining a magical skill called Overheat to Russel. Overheat is a powerful one-hit magic that involves concentrating mana and shooting it like a slingshot. Russel decides to train hard to learn this skill because Ulsen promised to help him uncover the secrets of the Heretics’ society if he succeeds. After a few days of training, Russel masters Overheat even better than Ulsen expected.
Russel integrates Overheat into his original magic, but Ulsen warns him that it requires intense focus and leaves him vulnerable to counterattacks from strong opponents.
The Importance of Timing
Hubert once told Ulen that stronger people can underestimate weaker ones and let their guard down. In such moments, the skill and timing of the weaker person can make a big difference.
Later, Ulsen and Russel visit the Flame Tower guild and coincidentally meet the spear tower master. The spear tower master is proud of the progress of one of her students.
Chapter 29 Predictions
In the last frame of the chapter, there’s a thought bubble that matches the color of Russel’s friend’s thoughts. This suggests that Russel’s friend may have also regressed in time. It’s possible that his friend regressed recently, and there might be a connection to Russel’s regression. We may learn more about this in the next chapter.
Dragon-Devouring Mage Chapter 29 is set to release on Saturday, October 7, 2023, PT. The chapters are released weekly, and here are the release times for different time zones:
- Indian Standard Time (IST): 08:30 PM on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Central European Time (CEST): 05:00 PM on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- New York: 11:00 AM on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Pacific Time (PST): 08:00 AM on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Eastern European Time (EEST): 06:00 AM on Saturday, October 7, 2023
For some countries, it will release on Sunday:
- Japanese Standard Time (JST): 12:00 AM on Sunday, October 8, 2023
- Australian Capital Territory (ACST): 01:00 AM on Sunday, October 8, 2023
- Korean Standard Time (KST): 12:00 AM on Sunday, October 8, 2023