In a big event at the New York Comic Con, Crunchyroll revealed the first look at their new anime called “Bye Bye, Earth.” Here’s what we know about it:
Main Character – Belle Lablac:
Fairouz Ai is the voice of Belle Lablac, the main character in the anime.
The People Behind the Scenes:
- Yasuto Nishikata is the director.
- Sōta Yokote is the assistant director.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino is in charge of the series scripts.
- Yūki Hino is the character designer.
- Kevin Penkin is composing the music.
- There are more talented people working on this too, like Ken Tsubuki and Yoshitomo Hara for monster design, Hotaka Okamoto as the art director, Aiko Shinohara for the colors, and many more.
The story takes place on Earth, but in this world, everyone looks like animals. However, Belle is different. She’s the only one who doesn’t have animal features. She goes on a journey to find out if there are others like her. Along the way, she becomes a sword-wielding hero and gets involved in battles between cities and the outside world.
How it’s Made:
Crunchyroll, WOWOW, and Sony Pictures are working together to bring this anime to life. It will air on WOWOW in Japan and stream on Crunchyroll in more than 200 countries and territories.
This anime is based on a novel by Tow Ubukata called “Bye Bye, Earth.” The novel came out in 2000 and was even re-released with new illustrations in 2007-2008.
More about the Creator:
Tow Ubukata is a talented writer who has created other anime works too, like Mardock Scramble. He’s also known for writing the scripts for anime like Ghost in the Shell Arise and Heroic Age.
So, keep an eye out for “Bye Bye, Earth” in 2024, and get ready for an exciting adventure!